SimpleCC™ Critical Chain Spreadsheet System
The 2012 Christmas Present version is no longer available, but a Free 5-Project Beta Version of our SimpleCC™ Critical Chain tool for use with Excel is still available for readers of Simplifying Innovation.
Simply buy the book or kindle version and you’ll get a link to the book extras where you can register and download a 5-project version of SimpleCC for free. SimpleCC is an integrated spreadsheet based workbook that allows you to plan and execute projects that finish on-time in as little as half the time using the revolutionary constraints management based Critical Chain methodology. It gives your project managers and company leadership a visual warning system for the portfolio so they can take action early when there is still time.
Users and mangers can easily:
- Identify the project’s critical chain
- See non-CC resource contentions that require leveling to avoid multitasking
- Determine the required start date to meet required completion or determine earliest likely finish if started immediately
- View dynamic updates for relay racer start dates as the buffer status changes with completed tasks
- See the health of each project with color coded status bar
- Monitor project fever charts for early warning of buffer incursions
- Manage prioritization of shared resource with a multi-project dashboard
- Report on overall health of the project pipeline
- Comprehensive users guide and built-in error checking
- Planning mode which prevents project from showing up in the pipeline dashboard until execution begins.
- Automatic insertion of project buffers based on the touch time of CC tasks and feeding buffers to protect against integration risk
- Determinant duration handling for fixed length tasks that require no buffer (e.g. 30 day heat stability test)
- Evaluation of integration risk for long feeding chains.
- Resource selection from shared pool with up to 5 different resources per single task
- Task grouping under meta-task headings (e.g. Design Begins, Design Completed)
- Compensation for weekends, holidays, and company specific shutdowns
- Up to 300 tasks per project
- Ability to archive completed projects
- Windows: Microsoft Excel 2007 or 2010.
- Mac: Microsoft Excel 2007 or 2010 running under Windows emulation such as vmware Fusion or Parallels
- Excel 2011 for the Mac OS has not shown to be as macro ready as Microsoft advertises. Depending on the interest we get for SimpleCC on Windows, we can look at modifying the macros for Mac compatibility.
- Excel 2008 for the Mac cannot support the macro functionality required for SimpleCC.
- Instructions with screenshots are included as a Word document.
Note: Not that everyone doesn’t already know it, but Excel is a trademark of Microsoft